How To Stop Being A Smoker: Alternative Treatment Methods?
The various dangers of smoking cigarettes have been studied in deep many times, and it is now quite clear that they are real. Smoking as a habit will indefinitely lead people to have serious health problems, including an increased risk to develop heart problems and cancers, not to mention the likelihood of people suffering from an increased rate of ageing.The best way to avoid all of these problems is to never start smoking or to give it up if you already do it. While this might seem like something very easy to do for the first group of people, those who are already practising it won’t find it to be a cakewalk: After all, smoking is very addictive (due to presence of drugs such as nicotine in tobacco smoke), and people often find themselves to start smoking again after refraining for a few days.
So how do you stop being a smoker for good? Here are a few methods to help you get over your smoking addiction other than seeking medical help. You might not find them all to be effective, but be sure to give them all a try.
- Do it the Conventional Way – While treatments and therapies are pretty effective, you can also resort to giving up smoking by yourself. Sure, it is not the most successful method, but it is also the least expensive one, as you don’t have to spend a dime to do it. For those looking to quit smoking, this is the first thing they should try before moving on to more advanced treatment methods.
- Get the Assistance of Somebody Else – If you cannot seem to do it yourself, try to ask a person like a counsellor to get over your smoking habits. With their help, you may be able to find a few situations when your urge for smoking gets exponentially higher, thus helping you get rid of your smoking triggers and cravings.
- Try Treatment with Hypnosis – A quite novel way to stop your smoking habits is to resort to treatment by hypnosis, or hypnotherapy. This new form of treatment has found several uses in treatment across a wide range of conditions and is now commonly carried out by medical practitioners.
- Try Treatment with Crystals – This type of treatment is still not widely accepted by the scientific community due to several reasons. Nevertheless, the process of crystal therapy has helped many people in the past to overcome their smoking addictions, and it is something you should try if all else fails to give any significant result.
- Use e-Cigarettes – The use of e-Cigarettes when you start the process of quitting smoking has been shown to greatly increase the success rates, which is why a few health specialists recommend using one. While this is a fact that cannot be denied, you should know that using e-cigarettes means that you are exposed to almost the same chemicals that you would find in tobacco smoke. This can have the effect of reigniting the smoking habit in some people rather than helping overcome it.